A Book Challenge for Andre


Andre was 37 years old. He died from heart disease. He was a very nice man. He lived with Stacey and his two cats and one dog. He was my uncle and l loved him a lot.

I am donating money for the Family Room at the hospital to remember Andre. I want to help to make $250 - maybe more. I am going to ask people to give me 25 cents for every book I read. My goal is to read 100 books.
By Kael


Monday, July 04, 2011

Book 17 - My Mom is Great by Gaby Goldsack

 Sorry that some of you guys can't leave messages on my blog, so email me on kaelsbookchallenge@gmail.com.   I like getting emails so please email me if you can't use my blogspot comments. 

This book says "To Kael and Krista from Santa".  A good book! A gold star book because my Mom IS great.  This story about a great Mom, she tackles stinky sock monsters, she helps him find stuff that he looked for everywhere and thought he would never see again, she fixes stuff even though it was broken.  This is like my Mom because she likes tea and turns from Morning Mommy to Awesome Mommy and she is smart and she says I am great. I made up the tea part but that should have been included in the book.  I like the picture of the Mom tackling the monster that breathes stinky sock breath. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kael,
    My name is Sue and I am a librarian at the University here in Fredericton. My daughter is also taking part in the library's summer reading club. We're both inspired by what you're doing and we plan to make a donation using the link on your sidebar.

    I also have a blog and today I wrote about what you're trying to accomplish. http://mousetrapsandthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/07/summer-reading-with-purpose.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kael! I found you on Sue's blog, what a great thing you are doing! I can understand how hard it is to lose someone special, I miss my Dad a lot and I am a grown-up. Your uncle would be so proud and reading a 100 books is awesome!

    Have a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete