A Book Challenge for Andre


Andre was 37 years old. He died from heart disease. He was a very nice man. He lived with Stacey and his two cats and one dog. He was my uncle and l loved him a lot.

I am donating money for the Family Room at the hospital to remember Andre. I want to help to make $250 - maybe more. I am going to ask people to give me 25 cents for every book I read. My goal is to read 100 books.
By Kael


Wednesday, December 21, 2011

BOOK 100 - You're Finally Here by Melanie Watt

I am FINALLY DONE !!
Which is why we read You're Finally Here!

It is about a bunny.  The bunny is really excited to see me and tells me "What took you so long?"   My answer is "I was reading 100 books!"

She says "I got off on the wrong foot" but says "Seriously, where were you? I said "I was reading 100 books !"  Seriously, what got into that bunny?

The bunny says do you know how bored I was waiting.  It was like finding a needle, paint drying on a bench, a whole whack of stuff, gathering dust bunnies - there was one that looked like the bunny's uncle. 

The bunny says "Do you know how rude it is to make me wait?"  Like talking with food in you mouth.   Really, what got into this bunny, I was reading all these books!

The bunny says "You should STAY so I have you hear all the time.  He says "Yes- you agree" but I didn't agree.   And then he is talking to his friend and says "I'm doing nothing important, sure we can hang out."

The last thing he says is "Wait!" and he asks you for your phone number but I said "No" as in I'm not going to tell him!  

Because I finished my book challenge the librarian gave me a candy cane.  

This book was a GOLD Star because it was my last book and it is a great last book.  

I might start another book challenge in January until next Christmas!  

Aunt Stacey and I sang a song all the way home - 

99 books on the shelf!
99 books on the shelf! 
Kael took one down and read it aloud,
99 books on the shelf!

98 books on the shelf....

3 comments:

  1. Wow Kael, you got to 100 books in less than a year. That's amazing! Tony Baloney and I are going to send off our pledges to the hospital today. We're so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kael! I enjoyed following your blog as you made your way through the 100 books. Good luck with whatever big project you tackle next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on reaching your goal, Kael! This is a wonderful thing you did, and Andre would be very proud of you. I know I am!

    I just sent my pledge to the hospital!

    xo, Heather

    ReplyDelete